Cloak & Dagger - 4K UHD & Blu-Ray - Sealed
We are excited to finally reveal our third VSU release: Richard Franklin's 'kid in peril' arcade-action classic, CLOAK & DAGGER! This loaded Limited Edition 4k UHD/BD box includes a brand new, extended making-of documentary featuring new interviews with cast and crew and is housed in our gorgeous deluxe VSU magnet case with incredible custom artwork by Haunt Love. The case also includes a 40-page perfect bound book featuring an interview with screenwriter Tom Holland and an essay by Justin LaLiberty.
Davey Osborne is an average 11-year-old boy with an overactive imagination. He spends his days playing video games and pretending to be a spy with his imaginary father-figure, Jack Flack - a substitute for his real father, who is struggling with the recent death of Davey's mother. However, fantasy becomes reality for Davey after he witnesses the murder of an FBI agent, who in his dying breath, gives Davey a mysterious video game cartridge called Cloak & Dagger, which in actuality contains top-secret government information. With the help of his younger friend Kim, the tech savvy Morris, and even a little help from his fictional secret agent mentor, Davey must stay one step ahead of pursuers as he tries to survive a real-life game of espionage in the streets of San Antonio, Texas.
A nostalgia laden cult favorite from director Richard Franklin (Patrick, Psycho 2) and writer Tom Holland (Fright Night, Child's Play), CLOAK & DAGGER was one of the key, trend-setting films to place young characters in high-stakes action sequences, featuring incredible stunt work, the likes of which would never be pulled off today. With a stellar starring turn from Henry Thomas (E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Suicide Kings) and featuring strong supporting performances from Dabney Coleman (War Games, The Beverly Hillbillies), Christina Nigra (Twilight Zone: The Movie), and William Forsythe (The Devil's Rejects), Vinegar Syndrome Ultra is proud to present CLOAK & DAGGER for the first time on 4K Ultra HD fully restored from its 35mm original camera negative.
directed by: Richard Franklin
starring: Henry Thomas, Dabney Coleman, Christina Nigra, William Forsythe
1984 / 101 min / 1.85:1 / English Stereo
• VSU exclusive 'ultra' high-end magnet clasp box, containing the slipcovered 2-disc set and a 40-page book. Case artwork designed by Haunt Love. Box designed and patented by VS.
• Region Free 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray Set
• 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from it’s 35mm original camera negative
• Commentary track with screenwriter Tom Holland, moderated by filmmaker Joe Lynch
• "Konami Codes and Cult Classics: Programming CLOAK & DAGGER" - a brand new extended making-of documentary featuring interviews with: Tom Holland (screenwriter), Michael Murphy (actor), Jackie Burch (casting director), Todd Hallowell (art director), Alan Curtiss (second assistant director), Tammy Hyler (actress)
• "Loud and Clear" - a brand new interview with actor Henry Thomas
• Archival interview with director Richard Franklin
• Archival Q&A with Richard Franklin from 2001
• Extensive behind-the-scenes still gallery
• Locations featurette • “Cloak & Dagger - The Atari Arcade Game” - a mini doc focused on the Atari game
• Multiple TV spots
• 40-page perfect bound book featuring an interview with screenwriter Tom Holland and an essay by Justin LaLiberty
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles